Gluten Free Diet Benefits For Women: If a women have Celiac Disease causing infertility, her fertility is expected to be resumed within 3 to 9 months after starting gluten free diet.
Link between gluten and Celiac Disease
Gluten is a combination of two different types of protein termed as ‘prolamins’ and ‘glutelins’. Rice Prolamin as well as corn gluten does not harm Cealiac patients. On the other hand, wheat prolamins (termed as gliadin), barley prolamins (termed as hordein), and rye prolamins (termed as secalin) cause autiimmune disorder in Celiac patients.
Celiac disease or Coeliac disease refers to an immune reaction caused by gluten. It is also called autoimmune disorder. In this disorder body erroneously treats protein like a chemical substance or poison. This disorder shows a tendency to urge the immune system in destroying the intestine segment that absorbed any vital nutrients including gluten. More specifically saying, Celiac disease cause harm to the ‘villi’ in the section of ‘lamina propria’ of the intestines, when the body absorbs several particular food-grain antigens, generally found in gluten foods. People of all ages, especially middle aged, are vulnerable to this disease.
Celiac disease symptoms generally include: abdominal pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea, over weight loss, over weight gain, regular fatigue, bone pain, weakness, depression, headaches, infertility, anemia, etc. In cases of children, symptoms often include: height problem, swollen abdomen, dental enamel deficiency, behavioral complexities, poor performance in study as well as social interaction, etc. If Celiac Disease remains undiagnosed for long periods, the person with this disease will run the risk for complexities including malnutrition, miscarriage, osteoporosis, infertility, lymphoma, neurological disorders, etc. However, Celiac disease has no significant outward symptoms; it is also called medically silent disease.
Treatment of Celia Disease has a single option and that is ‘gluten free’ diet. As gluten free food alleviate the small intestines, the body can absorb nutrient normally and regains its strength. Moreover, celiac disease can appear in skin form, which is termed as ‘dermatitis herpetiformis’ (DH). It creates itchy, blistering rash on skin. Gluten free diet is also considered as a significant treatment for this disease.
Link between Celiac Disease and fertility
- Women having unexplained fertility are suggested by the researchers to investigate the presence of Celiac Disease in their bodies.
- Many recent researches have revealed that around 6 to 10% women undergoing unexplained infertility carry undiagnosed Celiac Disease.
- Generally, Celiac Disease can exhibit symptoms for a period and then it might be kept hidden for years before diagnose.
- Women suffering from ‘Celiac’ related infertility generally contain an earlier record of Glycemic Index complexities.
- Celiac affects fertility as a result of malnutrition. Moreover, development of placenta can be hindered by deficit of vitamin B12.
- If a women contains Celiac Disease causing infertility, her fertility is expected to be resumed within 3 to 9 months after starting gluten free diet.
How gluten free diet benefits women?
Several distinguishable changes in women following gluten free diet are stated below:
- Loss of redundant body fat cells
- Generate more physical vigor
- Produce more mental power
- Cure the abdominal complexities, like, bowel irritation, bloating and gas
- Alleviate the risk of constipation and diarrhea
- Reduced tendency of depression
- Finding liveliness.