Basic Gluten free diet requires a lot of attention, and because significant amounts endanger bowel condition. Eliminating gluten from your daily diet requires the adoption of different diets. You will have to give up many of the foods you eat normally. Every time you give up a whole category of foods, risk of nutritional deficiencies. Gluten free products are extremely low vitamin B, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium and fiber.
Packaged foods labeled “gluten-free” is not the best choice, the high calorie and high in saturated fat. Such a diet should be based on natural products.
Basic Gluten free diet will include:
- – Meat products, unprocessed, frozen or even canned, but without sauces.
- – Dairy products: whole milk, skim milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, cream cheese.
- – Fruit and vegetables, frozen or canned without sauces, fruit juices, nuts.
- – Cereals grain: amaranth, buckwheat, corn, lentils, psyllium, quinoa, rice, soy, tapioca, millet.
- – Bakery flour, corn flour, soy flour, lentils, rice, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, chestnut.
- – Pasta, noodles and gluten-free noodles.
- – Tomato paste, tahini, jam, honey, maple syrup, cocoa, all without malt vinegar, some salad, corn chips, popcorn, tea, coffee, wine.
- – Corn, potatoes or tapioca.
Basic Gluten free diet must be so designed as to meet the needs of the body and do not cause deficiencies of minerals and vitamins. There is no need to adopt such a diet if not intolerant to gluten; the best test is to give up gluten for 2-3 weeks and then reintroduce it into your diet. If you notice changes, consult your doctor and make an intolerance test.
Below we present sources of gluten that you should avoid if you suffer from gluten intolerance or celiac disease:
– Foods made from wheat, rye, bran, bulgur, barley, oats, rye cereals, bread, pasta, croutons, crackers, cakes, etc;
– Beer and other alcoholic beverages based on cereals;
– Some processed foods: canned soup and meat, salad dressings, soy sauce, seasoning mixes, ice cream, candy bars, instant coffee, ketchup, mustard;
– Dairy foods that contain lactose. Patients with celiac disease lactose intolerance are often untreated.
Read the labels of products you intend to buy. Manufacturers are obliged to provide information on the ingredients used. Gluten can be used even in the pharmaceutical industry or in the edible.